Friday, October 24, 2014

Book spotlight~ "Andy Smithson: Disgrace of the Unicorn's Honor" by L.R.W. Lee




Andy, now twelve, discovers more than he bargained for when his parents reveal his mom’s past and he realizes she will die when he breaks the curse unless he intervenes.



Andy returns to Oomaldee to find its citizens on edge after many have been turned into vulture-people. Against this background, Andy and his company embark upon the next quest, to retrieve the horn of a unicorn. But not long into it, a seductive voice calls to Andy, tempting him to surrender the next ingredient in exchange for a promise to preserve his mom. Will he be able to stop the transformation of Oomaldee’s citizens? Will he jeopardize his ability to end the curse to save Mom?




Praise for this book!
********************
"Andy Smithson will take on any problem that comes his way. The scenes and dialog in this book come alive on the page. I felt Andy’s emotions and victories, and I was with him for his pain and recovery. This is an amazing adventure that I have been impatiently waiting to read since book two!" - Rena Marthaler, Rena Writes (Rena is 10) 

"Sometimes, I just let the 5 star rating speak for itself. I can add nothing more." - Wayne Walker, Home School Book Review

"A long-lasting story that is part of one of my favorite series."
- Erik Weibel, This Kid Reviews Books Blog (Erik is 13)

“I loved reading Disgrace of the Unicorn's Honor as much as I enjoyed the first two in the series. New life changing truths are revealed, Andy and friends go on high adventures, meet new characters and continue to battle evil. I was not ready for the book to end. As usual, L.R.W. Lee leaves Andy in an interesting spot and the reader longing for the story to go on. Can't wait for Book 4!” – Maggie T. Amazon Reviewer

********************

This is a third book in a series.  I have read the first book and I thought it was wonderful.   The opening paragraph of my review of  Blast of the Dragon's Fury is below.  I loved it so much that I requested my local library purchase a copy for all children to enjoy.  I was the first to check it out!

Andy Smithson:Blast of the Dragon's Furyis a wonderful story for kids from middle grade to the tween years to read on their own. It is great for younger children who have an adult who will read it to them.


Digital copies of Blast of the Dragon's Fury are currently FREE!




Links for Book 2 ~ Venom of the Serpents Cunning





All Three books can be purchased together on Kindle and Nook. for $8.99



L. R. W. Lee writes to teach her readers principles that can transform their lives – overcoming frustration, impatience, fear and more. She also shows why responsibility, diligence and dignity are the keys to true success in life. L. R. W. Lee lives in scenic Austin, TX with her husband, daughter and son.

Connect with L. R. W. at: Twitter *  Website *   Facebook

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.