Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"The Hungry Family Slow Cooker Cookbook" by Christina Dymock


The Hungry Family Slow Cooker CookbookThe Hungry Family Slow Cooker Cookbook by Christina Dymock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Source: Received to Review
Genre: Cookbook

Book Description: It's every busy mother's dream-come-true: dinner that makes itself! With the help of your trusty slow cooker and these healthy, easy recipes, like Peppery Cilantro Salmon, Sausage Stew, and Dark Chocolate Mini Cakes, you can put dinner on the table even on the craziest of days. Don't let the whirlwind of life stop you from feeding your family the food they deserve -- delicious, home-cooked meals straight from your slow cooker.

My thoughts: I love the ease of throwing ingredients into a crock pot and then having the meal ready two to six hours later for consumption. It allows me the opportunity to work on other projects and be able to eat a yummy meal later.

This book is wonderful. I was impressed with the ease and variety of menu items. There are they standard Chili crock pot recipes, but a great variety of them. I tried the Creamy Chicken Chili (p. 67). I loved it and so did most of my family. (My 14 year old would rather starve than eat beans.)

I also tried the Shaded Salmon (p 56), the Dilly Potatoes (p. 82) and the Chocolate Cobbler (p. 128). I liked every one of them.

The book does call for crock pot sixes. I have no idea what the sizes of my three crock pots are. They are small, medium, and a little bit bigger than the medium. I didn't worry about exact crock pot sizes, I just put them in a pot that looked like it would fit, and the recipes worked out for me.

The recipes are very easy to follow and make. The ingredients are not hard to find, many of them I had on hand in my pantry, fridge, or freezer.



I am  by no means a gourmet cook, but I thought I'd share a couple of  pictures of the meals I made.  
Creamy Chicken Chile

Shaded Salmon and Dilly Potatoes
About Christina Dymock: Christina Dymock graduated from the University of Utah with a B.S. in Public Relations. She has been published in Woman’s World Magazine, several Chicken Soup for the Soul books and is the author of “101 Things to do With Popcorn” and “Young Chefs: Cooking Skills and Recipes for Kids.” She resides in Central Utah with her husband and four children. You can follow their cooking adventures atkidsabletreats.blogspot.com.

Visit her blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.