Sunday, March 16, 2014

Book Review ~ "Prophet" by R.J. Larson

Prophet (Books of the Infinite, #1)Prophet by R.J. Larson
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Source: Library Thing Early Reviewers (received 2 years ago)
Genre: Christian Fiction

Book DescriptionAt age 17, Ela Roeh of Parne becomes the Infinite's first female prophet sent to bring the Infinite's word to a nation torn apart by war, but her mission is endangered when she partners with a young ambassador determined to serve up his own justice.

My thoughts: I enjoyed how the author was able to make a story that was fresh, but fit in with the teachings that are found in the Bible.

This book is not a book that can be read quickly. In order to get into the book, it takes a little time and imagination to realize the breath and scope of this undertaking.

Ela is a fascinating character. She is loyal to those that she loves. Her greatest loyalty belongs to her Creator, the Infinite. She will do whatever she can to see that his will is accomplished. She longs for nothing more than to remain in His presence. She puts herself in situations that can be fatal to her, all to be the ambasador for the creator.

I admit, I read the third book a while ago, so I knew a little of where this book was headed. I was familiar with Ela and her service and calling. That made this book all the more enjoyable for me. Now sometime, I just need to read the second book. :)


This book is currently FREE for Kindle and Nook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.