Thursday, March 13, 2014

Book review~ "In Tune" by Gerald N. Lund

In TuneIn Tune by Gerald N. Lund
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Source: Received to Review
Genre: LDS Gospel Instruction

My thoughts: The Holy Ghost is integral to teaching. In Tune discusses the facts and fallacies of teaching "by the spirit". Gerald Lund takes a practical and understandable approach discussing the role of the Holy Ghost in effective teaching.

I found this book to be very interesting. There were many moments when the ideas presented struck a chord and explained concepts in a way that made sense. Many times in religious instructional books, the way the ideas are presented take time to figure out what the author is explaining. I didn't feel that way about this book. I appreciated the simplicity of the doctrine and writing.

This book is a great book for any gospel teacher. That includes primary teachers, seminary teachers, parents, etc. Everyone is a teacher in one form or another. I think that the ideas will help make us better students of the gospel.

I am very grateful that I took the time to read this book. I read a chapter each night to ponder the principals. I think it will help me in my learning as well as my teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.