Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Ephraim's Rescue" an inspirational film




From T.C. Christensen, director of the sensational pioneer film, 17 Miracles, comes the heroic true story of a simple man who was called to do the work of angels. Ephraim’s Rescue relates the story of Ephraim Hanks: a rescuer of the Martin Handcart company.

Follow Ephraim as his adventures lead him to join the LDS Church and ultimately to one of the most heroic rescues in American history. With a unique desire to help and strengthen others, Ephraim learns that each choice we make can prepare us for what lies ahead. He discovers, through it all, that decisions determine destiny.


Watch the movie Trailer!

I became interested in this film last fall.  One of my friends, Liz Radford,  told me about the wonderful opportunity she had to appear as an extra in this film.  This story is based upon the life of  her ancestor, Ephraim Hanks, and this project became something dear to her heart.  I heard of her experiences and was able to see the pictures she took of her transformation into a raggedy member of the handcart company.

The handcart pioneers are also dear to my heart.  One of my husband's ancestors was part of the Martin Handcart company, Margaretta Unwin Clark.  When I read of her experiences, I realize how much was sacrificed.  I just watched part of "17 Miracles" and I can't help but tear up and feel gratitude and be humbled by the experiences shown.

This movie will be released on May 31st.  There is a ton of information about the cast and theaters where it will be showing on the 31st.  You can see all of it at the movie website.  There is also a page on Facebook with information that you can check out.

This trailer is a preview of the film:
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.