Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Read an Excerpt from " Endless" by Tawdra Kandle


Endless

After the tumult of her high school senior year, all is right in Tasmyn Vaughan’s world. She’s attending college with her boyfriend, and she’s learning to control her powers. Everything is finally perfect, until it isn’t.
When her new part-time job leads to more than she bargained for, Tasmyn is thrown into a deadly fight against forces of evil that she didn’t even know existed. Mastering her extraordinary gifts—along with the strength of an endless love—may be the only weapon that can guarantee her a happily ever after.
Check out the entire King Series:
Book 1: Fearless
Book 2: Breathless
Book 3: Restless
Book 4: Endless



Read an Excerpt:  
********************

“I understand you have reservations,” John was saying. “We did, too.  Our daughter Melissa is a manipulator.”
            “Oh.” My mother was clearly nonplussed. She glanced down the table at me, but it was Cathryn who laid her hand on my mom’s arm and answered her.  
            “Nora, what Theresa means is that Melissa can manipulate minds.  Some prefer the term ‘influencer’ or even the less formal ‘bender’.”  She smiled broadly down the table at me. “Tasmyn, your friend Rafe was a bender, wasn’t he?”
            All conversation halted.  The only sound was the gentle clink of the servers replacing dishes on the sideboard.
            The temper that I had been barely keeping in check all morning surged in my throat. I felt a tingling down my arms and into my face as I instinctively reached into a pool of energy I’d been ignoring for months. The goblet of water flew across the table, missed Cathryn’s head by centimeters and crashed into the wall behind her. Water and glass splattered the poor startled server and fell into a tinkling circle on the glossy wood floor.
            “Tasmyn!” My mother’s horrified gasp left no doubt where the blame lay. I closed my eyes; the power had ebbed as quickly as it flowed.
            Michael closed his hand over mine and directed his thoughts to me. It’s okay. You’re okay. No one is hurt. Take it easy. . .breathe in, breathe out. Find the calm.
            Aloud he said, “Tasmyn and I are going to step outside for just a minute.  I think she could use some air.”
            He pulled me to my feet and out of the room, my face scarlet and my heart pounding.
            “Excuse me.”  The server who had poured my coffee followed us into the hallway. “Sir, if you go this way, the hall leads to the back veranda. It’s quiet.”
********************

About Author Tawdra KandleTawdra Kandle

Tawdra Kandle is the author of THE KING SERIES, a young adult urban fantasy quartet. Born in South Jersey, Tawdra published her first short story at the age of 13 in Child’s Life magazine. During the early years of her marriage and motherhood, she wrote articles and columns on parenting and homeschooling, as well as some homeschooling curriculum. THE KING SERIES is her first published full-length fiction. Tawdra currently lives in central Florida with her husband, and children, both skin and fur types. And yes, she has purple hair.
Follow Tawdra Kandle:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting this excerpt, Lisa! I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.