Wednesday, October 19, 2011

REVIEW ~ Franklin's Halloween.

Franklin's Halloween: A Classic Franklin Story by Paulette Bourgeois

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Source: Netgalley

My son came home from school sick today. I thought he might like to cuddle up with mom and read a story. That always seems to help a little.

We read Franklin's Halloween. I had downloaded it from netgalley and wanted to read it with my eight year old. I love to see what children think. I know what I like in a children's story: great pictures, humor, a lesson, phonetics....etc. Kids mostly want a good story and to see the pictures. I asked him what he thought and he said it was good. I asked him if other kids would like this book and he said "yes." Ok, no elaboration here, but what can I expect? He's laying in his bed with a bowl close by. He did say that his favorite part was they mysterious ghost.

My thoughts are that  this book is really cute. I love Franklin. The stories are always well illustrated and have a solid plot. Franklin's dilemma was what to be for Halloween. The fun part was when there was a mystery concerning a ghost. At the end everyone is happy and had a great Halloween. Cute and sweet book that has all of the key elements of a good story. Not too scarey for little ones either.

I definitely recommend this book to sit and cuddle with your favorite trick-or-treater.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.