Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review - Quest for the Nailprints

Quest for the Nail Prints by Don Furr
Genre: Historical Fiction
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars

From the Back Cover:Three ordinary people are chosen by God for an extraordinary experience, one so incredible that even they have a hard time believing it is real. Through unrelated circumstances, the three travelers find themselves sharing a journey to the Holy Land--when suddenly they are thrust back in time nearly two thousand years, coming face to face with the rugged radical Nazarene known throughout the land as Jesus of Nazareth.

Rachel's thoughts:
I surprised myself by liking this book. It isn't the sort of thing that I would pick out, but it was well written and enjoyable. It is written as historical fiction set during Christ's time and covers much of the last week of his life. I found this to be an appealing way to review some of the events of that week.

I did feel like the story had flaws. There were a few times that I felt as though the characters were oversimplified or didn't act in a way that seemed true to themselves. Also, I felt that the ending was too predictable and easy. However, there is an interesting twist at the end that leads to the second book.
Overall, I would recommend this book with 3 stars out of 5. It was an intriguing story with engrossing characters.


~Rachel~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.