Thursday, February 17, 2011

REVIEW - "Dragonfly"

DragonflyDragonfly by Ed Pilolla

My rating: 3.5 stars

I want to drop into your eyes and catch the wind from your childhood, tear a chunk from my soul and plant it in your garden, hang paper lanterns from your sky, climb into your deepest well and touch the holy water lightly with the back of my hand. Then I'll think about what to make for lunch.  Description from Goodreads


This is the week of love.  Valentine's day was just a few days ago and I thought it would be the perfect time to read a book of poetry themed around love.

This small book of poetry has a free verse appeal. The author likes to write in first person and tell a story in his poems. He writes more from a practical viewpoint, not the flowery words that are traditionally associated with poetry.  I had two that particularly resonated with me: "Face of the Moon" and " News Flash". I   also enjoyed the short story in the beginning about a couple truly in love and finding each other in each of their lives.



My only complaint is that he used the 'f'' word a couple of times.  It is one of my pet peeves.  I can handle just about anything else, but that drives me crazy. Plus there is adult content. The poems are about love, and if those things don't bother you and you like poetry, this would be an enjoyable book.

I received a copy of this book in eBook format from the author for review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Each and every one is read and appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.